Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snow Drops are Falling on my Head


I'm over it....yes the snow!! I'm f-ing over it. One of my life long dreams was to move to Santa Barbara but as most of you know the cost of living in Santa Barbara is like a bazillion dollars. I don't know about you but frankly I don't have a bazillion dollars and I'm pretty sure I never will. Then I met Moab. No its not Santa Barbara. There is no ocean breeze or pounding surf but it has its own charm and its as close to Santa Barbara as I will ever get. Everyone here that has lived here in Moab for 20+ years assured me me and my mustang would be very happy here. As I mentioned before really anything below 77 degrees is just not pleasant for me. The locals promised me that the cold season was extremely short (approximately 2 weeks) and the rest of the time it was pretty nice.

Funny enough the minute I moved here Moab decided to have winter that was extra long and non stop snow. They even cancelled school for the first time in 30 years. The temperatures have been in the scary teens for weeks and weeks. So there has been no hiking, no main street strolling....nothing that involves being out doors because frankly they don't make winter apparel warm enough for what we have experienced here.

I have started seeing robins and little green sprouting here and there. I was feeling spring in the air and was feeling pretty good about things. Then I wake up to an odd sound. Its my neighbor Bob outside with his leaf blower blowing the snow off my car. Yes...more snow.

Now as bad as I hate the snow my sweet little mustang hates it even more. Hates it so much in fact most of the time she just gets stuck and won't move. The above picture just shows you one such tantrum that left me stranded and in trouble with all my clients who have four wheel drive and therefore thinks the whole world has four wheel drive.

So for those of you who live in Santa Barbara California...just never lose sight that you live in paradise.

Love Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment