Friday, February 5, 2010

February Update

I apologize for not writing more frequently. When things start getting overwhelming and hectic I tend to avoid writing.
First of all my business seems to be doing well. I opened at a tough time for business due to a very definite tourist season. Even the locals shut down their finances because most of them depend so heavily on the tourist season.

There is obviously a need for a new groomer however. Like Santa Barbara California, everyone here has a dog and they love them. Even though there are no parks here that allow dogs there is still so much BLM land to run your dogs and everywhere you go there are dogs being walked or tied to a post outside while they wait for their owners to finish their coffee at the local coffee houses. Most people have been running their animals up to Grand Junction Colorado which is an hour and a half away. So the locals have been willing to "splurge" for their animals.

As far as my personal life...well its going. Jessie took a break from school to sort out her personal life and stayed in Moab. It was so great having her near me but stressful as always as well. Most of my stress stems from the fact I am not in a position to help her more when she has difficulties in her life which frustrates me and saddens me,. So she either has to suffer or my mother or David have to bail her out and that makes me feel bad because ultimately shes mine and my responsibility even at 24 years old.

The weather has pissed me off as well. I cannot handle anything outside because for most of the time the temperature has been between 14 degrees and 30 and that is NOT Lisa friendly. In fact my perfect temperature happens to be my perfect number 77. So that has meant no hikes or anything outside such as horseback riding etc...

Its funny but I had almost kicked cigarettes again when shit began to hit the fan so I'm struggling again. Smoking believe it or not is just one bad habit from my past I have not conquered yet and I'm pissed at myself. Its a tough time to be addressing this renewed cig interest as my daughters world shakes up and the other stresses that come with that and all while I am cooped up inside with little to do. I have to be busy all the time and if I'm not my pattern has been to smoke. So what to do, what to do?

On top of all of that I have given up my final chemical support which was Prozac. I have no buffer between my emotions and life and it sucks but again I'm pushing past it however ungracefully.

It has not been a comfortable time for me but I am here still alive and kicking and for today thats just got to be good enough.

Love Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment