Monday, February 8, 2010

A Mail Faux Pas

Its only been an hour since my last post and already something kind of screwed up happened to me. As I mentioned in the last post Ron and I delivered my flyers out to the main downtown part of Moab.
Theres something you should know about me. I am fairly neurotic (for those of you that haven't picked up on that yet). I get these beautiful flyers made then I hesitate to post them places. Its the whole asking permission and possibly being rejected thing that usually makes me hesitate. I hate throwing myself out there to be judged and/or rejected (though I often am on both counts).
Ron decided this was a good time to learn how to get past all of that. So he enthusiastically insisted I do this. So off we went. I made him do most of the asking even though I was right beside him and its my picture screaming from the page. I did a lot of whining and grumbling but we did it. We placed these flyers all over town. If the people weren't there (it was Sunday) we slide them through doors or left them in their mail boxes outside. Ron proudly praised me the first few times with even a "See... I told you so" thrown in there. I finally threw my hand up with a silent "shut it" implied and we got through the whole experiences.
I admit I was mildly pleased and relieved by the end of the day as well. So why are you telling us this? you say.

I will tell you....I got an interesting call from the Postal Service a few minutes ago with a firm "Cease and Desist" and a patient "If you need our help we would be happy to come to some arrangement" but it was the "this is AGAINST THE LAW" that really got me.

So you can be sure when I see Ron next he will get a huge "See I TOLD YOU SO". I know this doesn't sound like a big deal but for one) I was mortified and 2) this is kind of like a rejection. OMG and WTF??????


Just thought I'd share my humiliation with you

No comments:

Post a Comment