Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Case of the Empty Liquor Bottles

Today has been curious and its just barely noon. I start my day visiting Hershey Bar, a chocolate lab I am pet sitting for. We eat, we drink, we read some "pee mail" and then had our "after walk" treats. I then ran up to where my horses are staying and waited for the farrier. They both were getting a "pedicure" today. Now mind you one of my girls is considered still a baby even though she is probably as big as her mother. She thinks shes teensy and bops around you when you visit. It was especially bad today because its been cold here (as you know). Ice is everywhere. Also they both are feeling a little cooped up because there has been no horse rides or much of horse anything while we get through this winter. And its first thing in the morning. So Penny Lane was "feeling it" this morning which usually means everyone better head for cover because here she comes!!! Luckily both of my girls are starting to lose their winter coat right now which means they are itchy and will sell their souls for a good brushing. Unfortunately its me against 2200 pounds of horse flesh DEMANDING a brushing. Thats good because they are easy to catch, bad because they are so bossy about it and decided to compete with each other and I'm in the middle.

Prudence was a lady about the whole thing (her pedicure) as she always is. Penny ran up and down the fence on the other side bucking and farting because Prudence was getting "all the attention". I took Prue back to their corral but Penny pushed her way through and was now loose in the big corral where the farrier and his 13 year old son was hanging out. Now Penny, up until today, has always been very gullible when it came to putting a halter on her. Not today. She seems to have put it all together. So for about 15 minutes I followed her around as she flitted here and there. I finally got her when she became preoccupied with the 13 year old boy. If no one can handle Penny we always send in the big guns...this little boy and she becomes putty in his hands.

Well Penny's pedicure went relatively well. We danced and tossed our head a bit, then we chewed on the lead rope really hard. We even decided that a noise she heard meant certain death and took off with me holding her but after we calmed back down we finished up with relatively little incident.

What in the hell does this have to do with empty liquor bottles you ask??? Well I come into work after all of that and on my grooming table I have a box. I look inside the box and there is a case of liquor bottles!!! I wasn't sure whether to burst into song or pick one of the bottles up. I maintained my composure and took out one of the bottles. It was empty. In fact they were all empty. So now I become interested in what this was all about. I ask Jessica (one of the owners for The Moab Barkery). She doesn't know so she calls Kaye (the other owner of The Moab Barkery) and she explains that Frankie D dropped off this box full of empty liquor bottles for me. Like I'm suppose to know. WTF??

Now Frankie D is the owner of Frankie D's....a nice bar in town. I went there once last November with my daughter to see an all Male Revue called the Mamas Boys. It had been awhile since I had been out and it was fun and before very long I was going home alittle green around the gills. Then I saw Frankie again with his wife when I had to clip their four Dachshunds nails. So now this.....a box of empty liquor bottles. Frankly I just don't know what to make of this. Maybe this is some local "Thank you for trimming my dogs' nails" gift. I just don't know. So I will be dropping by to see Ol' Frankie today to get to the bottom of this mystery and as soon as I know I will clue you in.


No comments:

Post a Comment