Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Unfortunate

I have been censored people. I have to admit Dave has a point but I have been censored!! My first draft of this blog had to be deleted because we live in a very small town and my husband's business and us as a whole depend on a good name. Up until this blog there were only a tiny few who knew my political views. I am not kidding when I say that if I was busted knocking an old lady over the head for her pain meds I would be forgiven. If however it was discovered I was a democrat that was actually born in California that I was almost psycho (not Green Peace crazy or PETA psycho...but close) about the environment and all that went with that I would be run out of town if I was lucky.
There was an article in the paper that was so distasteful, degrading, and horrifying I am at a loss for words. I scanned the article and began my piece about the unforgivable things this person said. Then David walked by. It broke his heart to try to get me to see reason. Though I am positive no one locally reads this blog there is a chance...albeit small. However, it just takes one tiny little person to set the gossip fields ablaze.
If anyone from here read what I was prepared to say we would more than likely be bankrupt. Let me also say (a disclaimer if you will) that the views expressed in this blog are mine and mine alone. My husband is very supportive of my opinions but he doesn't necessarily agree with a lot of them. I am not going to go in to who he voted for or what he thinks because that is not my place. If David wanted his views expressed he'd write his own damn blog. The opinions in THIS blog are mine and mine alone hence Lisa Unleashed.

If however you are very curious about what the article says and do not live locally or know anybody locally then I will send a copy of the article via snail mail.

I know it broke my husbands heart to discourage me and I feel bad because I snapped at him. Actually all of this is so funny. Before I went to college I could've cared less about anything. I would never get in a heated debate about anything much less politics. I just realized I really feel strongly about this and it feels good. I remain true and loyal to what I know to be true and really that's really what its all about. Perhaps I should cut this individual some slack that wrote the article. He has every right to feel as strongly about what he knows to be true as I do to mine. However.......this is big.....I never insult, hurt, humiliate or belittle anyone for their opinions. Unfortunately that is EXACTLY what this individual did to me and people that feel the same way as I do.

I am thankful that I am so educated that I am no longer ignorant of the world.
I am thankful for a husband that believes in me even when he has to put out the fire for all of our good.
I am thankful for the hay that was delivered to my horses today.

I think people that insult and hurt other people suck.
I think judgemental people suck.
I think necessary censorship sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment